before I re-invent the wheel

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 21:18:43 -0600

Before I write this shell script for myself, I thought I would ask if anyone
has done this before.  I have a table of SQL queries (single queries) that
have to be run against various schemas and instances.  The table contains
all the information I need to run it, including the destination file for
each query, I just have to write the shell script that will read the table,
and run the query.  I suppose it will actually probably need to generate and
call the individual sql files that will be run now that I think about it.
Anyway, has anyone written something like this and have a sample?  Oracle, Solaris and OEL.  I could also run it on the client machine if
necessary, which is running windows 7.

Andrew W. Kerber