Re: before I re-invent the wheel

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 21:59:12 -0500

How about writing sql to generate a sql file that has

1. connect stmt for givne schema/db
2. spool and set commands
3. actual sql stmt to be executed
4. spool off

repeat until done and then execute that sql via sqlplus /nolog @yoursql ?
This yoursql file can be generated easily by usign a bit of analytical
function (to detect schema/db connectivity change). of course dbms_sql is
much more flexible approach as indicated by Dick.

Raj

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Before I write this shell script for myself, I thought I would ask if
> anyone has done this before.  I have a table of SQL queries (single queries)
> that have to be run against various schemas and instances.  The table
> contains all the information I need to run it, including the destination
> file for each query, I just have to write the shell script that will read
> the table, and run the query.  I suppose it will actually probably need to
> generate and call the individual sql files that will be run now that I think
> about it.  Anyway, has anyone written something like this and have a
> sample?  Oracle 10.2.0.4, Solaris and OEL.  I could also run it on the
> client machine if necessary, which is running windows 7.
>
> --
> Andrew W. Kerber

-----
Best regards