Re: be aware before thinking about deploy 11gR2 RAC

  • From: Adric Norris <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Group <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 07:44:37 -0600

Thanx for the info!  This sounds very much like something we encountered
recently on an 11gR2 Exadata machine... didn't pursue it at the time,
because we were chasing down other major issues (both hardware and software
as it turned out) and assumed it to be related.

In our case CRS would attempt to restart the database instances, but they
would sometimes get stuck shortly after the mount phase completed... the
alertlog would show the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command, but no matter how long
we waited there was no corresponding "Completed" message.  The affected
instances would, of course, report that they weren't open if you tried to do
pretty much anything.

We've got some Oracle ACS folks onsite this week... maybe I can get them to
provide a bit more information.

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." -Awk Sed Fred.