Re: ** adv replication versus streams

  • From: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 18:45:25 -0700

Hello Joshi

What is the volume involved when you say slow. I have been working with
Adv.Replication and i can vouch for it.
What platform? How many master's involved? If you search for streams in this
forum few months ago, you will
find there was a bug with Streams where in it could not catch up with when the
volume/log switching was pretty
high and was found to be a bug.  I have worked extensively but i would say
Streams is much easier to set up
and get started. It mines the logs unlike Replication.

HTH
GovindanK