RE: Xterm issues

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:06:35 -0400

Ok, try this:

ssh -x sun_host
On sun host:
echo $DISPLAY
make a note of the value.
sudo su - oracle
export DISPLAY=value_you_previously_noted
/path/to/runInstaller

Does that work?

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."   --Robert A. Heinlein