Xterm issues

Hi all,

I am having some problems getting the installer to startup on a new laptop
and was hoping I could get some help from the list.

I have installed cygwin with the X11 option. If I start cygwin and type
startx I get an X window to open up without any errors.  If I do a netstat
-a at this point I see something listening at port 6000 which is what I
believe I should expect.

TCP    mycomp:6000       mylaptop:0  LISTENING

I login into our Sun box and export DISPLAY=<my laptops IP>:0.0.  I then
kick off xclock for a test.  After executing xclock, the process will hang
for a bit before returning the error message

Error: Can't open display: <my laptops IP>:0.0

While the xclock command is hanging, I perform a netstat -a on the sun box
and see the following:

<sun server>.54453         <my PC>.6000     0      0 24820      0 SYN_SENT

The sun server is resolving my laptop name incorrectly, but since I am
setting my display to the IP address I am not sure how much that matters.

On the sun server if I try to telnet to port 6000 I get the same SYN_SENT
message from netstat

<sun server>.54864         <my PC>.6000     0      0 24820      0 SYN_SENT

Is it possible that I am running into a windows firewall issue on my laptop?
I don't have permissions to turn off the windows firewall, but was told by
desktop support that he opened port 6000.  I am not sure if his change
worked though

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks