RE: Xterm issues

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:53:11 -0400

Or, to be slightly more secure:
xhost +hostname_or_ip_of_sun_server
And if you issue 'xhost', you'll see the list of hosts authorized to
connect to your X server.
If you do xhost +, it disables host-based security, any host can
If you do xhost -, it turns on host-based security, only authorized
hosts can connect.
'xhost +hostname' authorizes a host
'xhost -hostname' de-authorizes a host.  (But I don't think it will kill
existing connections.)
Hope that helps,

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect
ProQuest Information & Learning

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."   --Robert A. Heinlein