RE: X$ksmsp (OSEE 10.2.0.2 on Solaris 8)

  • From: "Lawie, Duncan" <duncan.lawie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:12:07 +0100

Charles,

I agree that a row in x$ksmsp should equal a single memory chunk - but is it
possible that there is a chunk with an outrageous value?  I don't recall that
particular case, but I have seen  x$ksmsp sum to values significantly larger
than the size of the SGA.

In addition, I have also had significant performance issues on a production
system when selecting on this table in a very busy system which is severely
fragmented.

Cheers,
Duncan.

Duncan Lawie
DBE - Oracle.

"There will always be plenty of things to compute in the detailed affairs of
millions of people doing complicated things."  -- Vannevar Bush, As We May
Think; Atlantic Monthly - July 1945.

  _____