RE: Upper Case retrieval of Data - Possible ?

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:56:27 -0400

If you want all upper without modifying the existing queries, you create a
view. Of course the real table will need to be renamed first if you really
want to avoid modifying the code at all (so that the current name in the
query is available as the name for the view.)

What part of SQL*Server destroys the uppercase-lowercase distinction? In
case I ever have to use that database I want to know. That may be even more
information content destructive than confusing the zero length string with a
NULL value.

Regards,

mwf