Re: Workspace Manager

  • From: Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:33:15 -0400

Chris and Mark:

I agree with Chris as I, too, have a group of developers using Workspace
Manager.  We've had unresolved performance issues with it, and a solid
Proof of Concept would have been ideal.

I tried to register with the user group to download Justin Cave's paper,
but haven't heard back from them.  Do you have the paper that you could
share?

They are now in way too deep with Workspace Manager to change their minds,
but we are still running under 9.2.0.8, with plans to upgrade to 10.2.0.3
soon.  I hear that it's much better and provides more functionality at that
version.  I posted a question awhile back on this list asking for notes of
experience with WM, but didn't get any responses.  I surmise from that, and
from the sparse information on MetaLink, that not many folks are using it.
For our issues, Oracle support was not helpful and we revised the design in
those cases to not use a versioned table for queries, and everything worked
just fine.

We are keeping our fingers crossed for 10.2.

Sherrie Kubis
Oracle DBA Supervisor
Information Resources Department
Application Systems Section
Southwest Florida Water Management District
352-796-7211 x4033
mailto:Sherrie.Kubis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.watermatters.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  All E-mail sent to this address are public
record and archived.  The Southwest Florida Water Management
District does not allow use of District equipment and E-mail
facilities for non-District business purposes.