Re: Windows DB best practices

  • From: "Yavor Ivanov" <Yavor_Ivanov@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: andert@xxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:11:54 +0300

        Most important: insist on separate server for the oracle database. The
sys admins will tell you "but let's put just one domain
controller/ISA/exchange/SUS/etc., it does not eat much resources..."
        Every other thing you put on the same windows-based machine will badly
hurt your availability.

--
Regards,
Yavor Ivanov