Re: Windows DB best practices

  • From: "Stephen Andert" <andert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:33:09 -0700

OK, After sending this, I read a bit more on OTN docs and found this tidbit:

---------------from documentation------------
Account for running Oracle Universal Installer
With Windows, you log in with Administrator privileges. You do not
need a separate account. With UNIX systems, you must create this
account manually.
---------------from documentation------------

So I guess that answers my question. :)

On 4/10/07, Stephen Andert <andert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, I know the first one is "use *nix" but I am tired of fighting
about it and my boss made the decision.

The main question I have is whether to create an oracle-specific
account or just use an administrator account.  Also, any links to
Windows best practices would be great.

--
Stephen
http://andertfamily.net/racing_reports.aspx

Any idiot can run.
It takes a special kind of idiot to run a marathon.