RE: Where do i start for troubleshooting this issue

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>, "hrishy" <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:36:31 -0400

Take a look at what does and doesn't work.  First off, can you ping the
host in a reasonable amount of time?  If not then a traceroute between
the two machines may lead to the problem.  Once had a server that sent
out a it's traffic for a certain host to the internet.  Bad routing
table was what it turned out to be.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International