From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Where do i start for troubleshooting this issue
To: stellr@xxxxxxxxxx, "hrishy" <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 14 August, 2009, 2:36 PM

Take a look at what does and doesn't work.  First off, can you ping the
host in a reasonable amount of time?  If not then a traceroute between
the two machines may lead to the problem.  Once had a server that sent
out a it's traffic for a certain host to the internet.  Bad routing
table was what it turned out to be.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
PAREXEL International