Re: Weird database hanging

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:41:51 -0500

Brandon,

http://pastebin.ca/710464 is the ASH info from the last hang.  The
time frame is 15:00-15:59, the first shared row latches appear at
15:27 and the database was noticably hung shortly afterward for about
5 minutes.  This time coincides with a bulk load (insert append via
external tables), as all hanging did while the archive log dest disk
was in the "paused" relayout state.

I see a "Log archive I/O" at 15:22, but those occur throughout the day
as well.  I don't see the event that you specify at all.

It looks like the problem is indeed behind us, but I definitely want
to pin down precisely why the database behaved as it did, if anyone
has any thoughts.

Don.

--
Don Seiler