Re: Veritas file locking

  • From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)" <Bruce.Reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:49:23 -0700

thanks Bruce:

1)  Veritas Open File Option

2)  I refuse to answer the question of backup policy at this time
since Im green, inherited this DW environment, and i dont want to
fully incriminate myself in the forum.

oh ok.  until i can get a better policy in place we just have exports
runnkng on the critical tablespaces.  told you it was incriminating.
As i mentioned, im no expert, but i am quickly becoming the new
sheriff.  I am planning a Stalinist takeover of the weekend window to
begin getting cold backups to a remote directory where they can backup
however/whenever they want to their hearts content.  We are finally
moving to SAN in the next 3 to 6 months which will allow the CPU and
disk to implement RMAN.

3)  What about causing file corruption in our MV indexes?

--
Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx