RE: Veritas file locking

  • From: "Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)" <Bruce.Reardon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:26:53 +1100

Yes.
I've had this happen during setup of new servers - the database will get =
brought down.
Are you using the Veritas Oracle agent or the Veritas Open File Option?
How are you doing your DB backups - is Veritas meant to back up the DB, =
or are you (eg) doing RMAN to disk and then Veritas of those RMAN files =
to tape?

Suggestion - have Veritas file backup exclude all the data, redo & =
control files.
        Some ways to achieve this are to use dedicated dirs or dedicated drives
=
for these files & only these files & then exclude the dir / drive from =
the OS backup.

Also exclude the Intelligent agent queue files (?\network\agent\*.q) - =
until this was done we would get Dr Watson errors & the IA service =
crashing.

HTH,
Bruce Reardon