Re: V$SGASTAT in 10.2 and the Reserved Pool

  • From: Roby Sherman <rxsherm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:50:04 -0600

Hi.

I got the principles, thanks, I was more curious of where it was tallied... It looks like reserved pool free memory is summed with general shared pool memory in V$SGASTAT... Slightly misleading, but I can deal with that. Thanks.

On Jun 24, 2007, at 6:42 AM, Syed Jaffar Hussain wrote:

By default, Oracle configures a small Reserved Pool (or Reserved Area) inside the Shared Pool. This memory can be used for operations such as PL/SQL and trigger compilation or for temporary space while loading Java objects. After the memory allocated from the Reserved Pool is freed, it returns to the Reserved Pool.

On 6/22/07, Roby Sherman <rxsherm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Here's hopefully a quick and easy Q for you...

Under 10.2.0.3 if I pull up V$SGASTAT, where do free and allocated
memory from the reserved pool get tallied? Is free reserved pool
space part of the shared pool "free memory" in the view? Or is the
entire chunk of reserved pool space hiding somewhere else (if so
where, because I don't see it)?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ ace1.html#hussain --------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."