Re: Upgrade OID database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.4

  • From: Maureen English <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:12:11 -0900

We moved our 10.1.0.5 OID database to its own ORACLE_HOME using the
same cloning procedure we use to clone our production database to a
test database.  Then we upgraded this database to 10.2.0.1.0, then
upgraded that database to 10.2.0.3.0.

We've also done a similar thing, not an upgrade, though, where we
just exported the schema into a newly created OID instance.

I'm not the one who did either of these, but I am very familiar with
the steps for the first case.  I can send you the steps used for the
second case if you want.

- Maureen

Jared Still wrote:
I'm on my second SR now trying to get an answer to these questions:

* How do I upgrade an OID database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.4?

* Is these even possible, and/or supported?

Given that the software in OID is more than just the database,
and upgrading the DB requires a new Oracle Home, I don't
expect this to be straight forward.

Has anyone here done this?

Or do you know if it can even be done?

The only reason for upgrading is compliance to support contracts.

10.1 databases either are, or will be, an extended support item.

I can't seem to get any answers to these questions.

And yes, I have searched for it also.

Thanks,

Jared Still