Re: UTL_FILE and default file permissions.....

  • From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 19:26:42 +0200

Seems, the Note 283379.1 has a workaround.

Best regards

Maxim

**
Bobak, Mark schrieb:

Hi all,

On my 10.2.0.3 RAC system, I’m running into a problem with default file permissions for files created via UTL_FILE.

The problem is that the user’s server process inherits the default umask of the listener that spawns the server process. The listener (I assume) inherits the umask from the clusterware that starts the listener on node startup. Finally, the clusterware starts from /etc/init.d and inherits the default umask from (I assume) the init daemon. If I, as the Oracle user, logged in to a particular node, bounce the listener explicitly, the problem goes away, cause I have default umask of 022, which is what I want. (Files that default to rw-r—r--). But, listeners that are started by clusterware, either at boot, or explicitly via srvctl, inherit a different umask value.

The question is, where can I set that umask value?

Help? I can’t be the first one to have run into this…?

-Mark

--
Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?

Aksel Peter Jørgensen