Re: URGENT - Can you coalesce a RBS tablespace?

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Henslee, Jeff" <jhenslee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 00:18:30 +0100

On 9/6/05, Henslee, Jeff <jhenslee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apologies - Here's are the error messages I was receiving -
>
> ORA-01562 Failed to extend rollback segment number 11
> ORA-01650 unable to extend rollback segment RBS10 by 128 in tablespace RBS.

A common cause of this is that a very large transaction that extended one
of your rollback segments to the point that it consumed most of
the space in the rollback tablespace.

Check the hwmsize in v$rollstat to see if that is the case.

You may want to assign as rollback segment in a separate tablespace
to transactions that cause this.

--
Jared Still
11+ years of trying to appear to know what I'm doing.