Two instances out of one ORACLE_HOME (Windows 2008 R2 Server)

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:13:35 +0200

Good CEST morning.

I try to run two instances out of one oracle_home on a Windows 2008R2
server (bad OS, but not my choice).

Problems are, that all databases are using the DIAG directory (crates a
new subdir with the correct SID anyway) configured by the instance that
has been configured last. And the second instance fails with ugly
semaphore errors. I think they try to use the same ressource for the
same reason they use the same DIAG dir.

Fri Aug 27 08:30:30 2010
RECO started with pid=15, OS id=4896
Fri Aug 27 08:30:30 2010
MMON started with pid=16, OS id=5104
starting up 1 dispatcher(s) for network address
'(ADDRESS=(PARTIAL=YES)(PROTOCOL=TCP))'...
starting up 1 shared server(s) ...
ORACLE_BASE from environment = D:\app\oracle
Fri Aug 27 08:30:30 2010
alter database mount exclusive
ORA-09341: scumnt: Datenbank kann nicht mit MOUNT angeschlossen werden
OSD-04400: Interne Semaphore für Prozess kann nicht abgerufen werden
O/S-Error: (OS 183) Eine Datei kann nicht erstellt werden, wenn sie
bereits vorhanden ist.
ORA-1102 signalled during: alter database mount exclusive...

My questions are: I have no ORACLE_SID configured on system level. How
does the box determine the oracle_sid used for a process in services.msc?

Second: After establishing the instances with DBCA, everything was well,
the insatnces did run simultanously. After stopping/starting both
services, the mess described above happened. Do I have a wrong setup
somehow?

I want to use one oracle_home, because I want to avoid different patch
levels and messing around with setting/changing ORACLE_HOME all the time.

Thanks in advance!
Martin
--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de