Re: Tuning SGA

  • From: Bryan Wells <bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Blok <robert.blok@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:11:47 -0700

sorry all.  one of these days ill get around to giving all the
information to my questions in the begining thread.

the current box is over 3 years old, Dell PowerEdge.  here's a list of
what we are moving to...  this also includes a SAN implementation
since we were less than 10G away from maxing the current disk.  with
starring into the headlights of new projects and a new fiscal year, i
wanted to be sure we had room for growth.

IBM x365, 2xXeon MP 2.7GHz/400MHz, 2MB, 2GB, Open Bay, 2x950W p/s, Rack
2.7GHz/400MHz-2MB L3 Cache Xeon Processor MP
Memory Upgrade Card
xSeries EXA 1GB PC2100 CL2.5 ECC DDR SDRAM RDIMM
IBM Total Storage DS4000 FC2-133 Host Bus Adapter
Internal Storage, using RAID 1
IBM 73.4 GB Hot-Swap U320 15 K SCSI SSL Drive
3 YR IOR /24x7x4 (x365 - 8862)
ServeRAID-6M Controller (128MBCache) (includes 03K9310 2m External SCSI Cable)

reasons for uping the SGA are performace driven, yes.  being a newbie,
maybe not as much as a month ago, im trying to make sure moving
forward we can handle new data requirements.

--
Bryan S Wells - DBA Newbie
bunjibry@xxxxxxxxx