Re: Trigger SMON to dump table statistics to ALL_TAB_MODIFICATIONS

  • From: "Alexander Fatkulin" <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oratips@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:07:56 -0400

Have you enabled monitoring on that table?

SQL> create table test (n number);

Table created.

SQL> alter table test monitoring;

Table altered.

SQL> insert into test values (1);

1 row created.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> select inserts
 2     from user_tab_modifications
 3     where table_name='TEST';

no rows selected

SQL> exec dbms_stats.flush_database_monitoring_info;

SQL> select inserts
 2     from user_tab_modifications
 3     where table_name='TEST';

  INSERTS
----------
        1

On 6/6/07, Bala <oratips@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If we insert/delete/update/truncate a table and than do
step 1) exec dbms_stats.flush_database_monitoring_info

step 2) select * from all_tab_modifications

zero rows returned ? since we are "flushing" the monitoring info ?

Thanks in advance
bala -

--
Bala Rao