Re: Trigger SMON to dump table statistics to ALL_TAB_MODIFICATIONS

  • From: "Alexander Fatkulin" <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 16:19:04 -0400

The SGA monitoring counters are not fully serialized (imagine an
overhead otherwise).

The numbers are "about" and not 100% correct. You can insert and later
rollback - the counters will add up.

I saw some
INSERTS into a table I know was not being inserted into. I broke the query
down a bit and sure enough the SQL in gv$sql was not related to the table
which was being returned by the object name in the query below. This is a
10.2.0.3 database, perhaps there are some changes in the way things need to
be joined in 10G with this query. If anyone sees an obvious problem let me
know.

Thanks,
Ethan

--