RE: Thoughts on comments

  • From: "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2@xxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:01:17 +0000

We require new programs to have a table comment.  Sometimes the developers add
column comments.  There are times where the comments have proved useful to
developers who were not involved when the table/application was developed.

If you drop the table the comments go away.  This can be an issue if your code
generation procedures/scripts do not capture the comments.