Re: The Oracle Optimizer - are there problems with it?

  • From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:35:30 -0800 (PST)

--- "Wales, Stephen (RTSI)"
<Stephen.Wales@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We recently (2 weeks ago) threw the patch
> onto our production =
> databases.

> Since that time, users have been complaining about
> long running queries =

> Would appreciate any advice.

> Thanks
> Steve

obvious reply:
dump a 10053 and 10046 trace of the executions of the
statements in both environments and compare the
execution plans.
the 10053 is especially good for dumping all of the
parameters that affect the CBO, even if you don't want
to read the entire trace file.

then you can post the relevant sections here and
others much more knowledgeable than I can offer their

went thru that fun with to
not looking forward to doing it again with to

Do you Yahoo!?
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
Archives are at