That's great but now what?

  • From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Freelists.org" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:09:39 -0700

I just got through building the VMWare/Oracle Linux/10gR2/RAC/ASM
database based on the instructions here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/chan-ubl-vmware.html

I've worked in a Tru64 9i RAC environment before so I'm familiar with
some of the RAC-specific issues that can occur.  I have zero experience
with 10g, Oracle Clusterware, or ASM.  I was wondering what "real world"
scenarios would you all recommend I experiment with?  I work in a
predominantly HP-UX 11.0 Oracle 8i environment and I'm trying to keep up
with current Oracle technologies.  Conversant in them, anyway.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.  I do understand that my setup has
inherent limitations so if there's a reasonably low-cost hardware
purchase I could make (e.g. SAN on eBay?), I'm interested in that, too.

Thanks,

Kevin Lidh