Re: Tablespaces 100%

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Bryan.Wells@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:58:36 -0400

Bryan,
You did not say if any of the tablespaces were READ-ONLY. It is wise
space management
to have the READ-ONLY tablespace a close to 100% as possible as they
will not be changing again.
Also If the tablespace as Local Managed Tablespace (LMT) with
autoextent turned on the tablespace
should show 100% before extending.
I am sure that you have heard it before but "Disk is cheap" or maybe
you are keeping to much data
online.
 Investigate the real reason for the 100% tablespace space usage. Has
the database been around for
a while and the data storage need change? Has the application changed
to increase the storage needs?
Ron

>>> "Wells, Bryan" <Bryan.Wells@xxxxxxxxxx> 09/06/2004 9:43:58 AM >>>
All -

Being new to dba, I was curious about my tablespaces reaching 100%.
This is
a 9i warehouse environment utilizing partitioniing and transportable
tablespaces.  Would it be normal to see 100% utilizatin on the
partitioned
tables?  What about the others?  I could add a datafile but my disk
space is
shrinking. Probabluy because my tablespaces are growingn eh.

Any information, help would be greatly appreciated.

B the nubie
Bryan S Wells
Sunrise Medical
7477 East Dry Creek Parkway
Longmont, CO  80503
Work:  303.218.4380
Cell:  720.201.1772
Pager:  1060547@xxxxxxxxxx
Email:  bryan.wells@xxxxxxxxxx

NOTE:  This message is confidential to Sunrise.  If you are not the
addressee, don't use or distribute this message; and  please notify
the
sender by return e-mail.