Steps to move schema data from one database to another

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:38:46 -0400

Does anything have to be done with the pre-existing sequences or synonyms, triggers or foreign keys when moving data from one database into another database under the same user/schema name?

I have a schema in Database A that has data in it. I want to truncate the data leaving the table definitions, etc in Database A. Then I want to take an export from Database B and import it into Database A using ignore=y. Is there anything else that I need to do?

Haven?t done this in ages and I am afraid I feel like I am skipping some steps if I just try and import using ignore=y.

This is a 9206 database.