RE: Shared Disk Oracle RAC

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:58:08 -0700

        Now I had to install Oracle clusterware which need shared
storage to create OCR/Voting files and our Sysadmin has provided a QA
environment where two Linuz server are present and they are attached the
HBA to the Shared EMC storage. Storage is avaialble only on one server
and one sysadmin says that it is not possible to provide the shared
storage on both server so that both can write to each other. One of them
says that it is possible but this is some EMC configuration and so it
has to go to EMC support. I am not sysadmin and so can somebody give me
some idea so that I can check with them. Sysadmin says that if we stop
the one of the server, then the space will be automatically visible on
other server but not the same time. Is there way I can tell them to
check some information in the configuration.

...this is only true if there is SCSI reservations happening. In the
model you
are pursuing SCSI reservation will get in your way...get rid of
it....then
you are on the fast track to all sorts of fun...