RE: Shared Disk Oracle RAC

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:23:09 -0700 (PDT)

Bryan

  Thanks for the Link. My configuration is exactly like it where both Dell
server are attached to the EMC through Fiber Channel. Each Dell server has two
HBA [ Second for failover]. I check the docuement refer by Site and can see all
partition on Server 1 but it is not visible on Server 2 in /proc/partitions

  If we shutdown the server 1, then all partition are visible on Server2 as per
Sysadmin. I didn't check it byt sysadmin says that it is because of EMC
powerpath.

  Any other side that shoudl be check or suggestion
  TIA
  Sanjay

Bryan Thomas <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Sanjay,

  It simply is a matter of putting both servers in one EMC Storage Group.  You
will need to create a storage group with both servers and the LUN?s hat must be
shared.

  If you are using switches, you must make sure they are zoned properly too.

  Here is a link to a Dell area that specifically covers the requirements for
Oracle RAC on EMC.

  http://dell.com/10g

  Thanks,
  Bryan