Re: Scary 10gR2 query problem

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:05:30 -0400

SQL> select count(*) from oddity;

  COUNT(*)
----------
     67311

SQL> create table very_odd as select * from oddity;

Table created.

SQL> select count(*) from very_odd;

  COUNT(*)
----------
     67311

SQL> select * from v$version;

BANNER
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Prod
PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
CORE    10.2.0.2.0      Production
TNS for Linux: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production

$ opatch lsinventory

Installed Top-level Products (3):

Oracle Database 10g                                                  10.2.0.1.0
Oracle Database 10g Products                                         10.2.0.1.0
Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 1                            10.2.0.2.0
There are 3 products installed in this Oracle Home.

Interim patches (1) :

Patch  5079037      : applied on Mon May 22 11:28:08 EDT 2006
   Created on 28 Apr 2006, 01:20:34 hrs PST8PDT
   Bugs fixed:
     5079037, 5079038