Re: Scary 10gR2 query problem

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:06:10 +0100

I entirely agree.

Incidentally there was a known issue with complex view merging in
10.2.0.1it's listed as being fixed in
10.2.0.2 but it certainly might be worth disabling complex view merging as a
test to see if there are related unfixed bugs in the code.

On 5/24/06, oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ian

>I'll be raising a tar as soon as Metalink sorts itself out but I thought
>I'd share this as I'm not sure I can 100% trust the results of any
>select statement on 10.2

IMHO this is no peculiarity of 10.2. In fact the section "Wrong Results"
of *any* note describing the bugs fixed in a patch is quite long! E.g. for
10.1.0.5 about 100 bugs are referenced...

Just my 2 cents, Chris -- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA