RE: SQL*Plus Client on Windows

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael.Coll-Barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:19:54 +0800

If you are using the command prompt version of Sqlplus, then you can use the
cmd.exe's TITLE command for that.

Here's my i.sql which I use both for identifying where I'm logged on before
doing any changes to database, plus it is called through login.sql. The
window title change happens on the last line:

---------------------- cut here ----------------------

define mysid=unknown

col username for a12
col i_sid head SID for a6 new_value mysid
col serial# for 999999
col opid for 999999
col spid for 999999
col host_name for a25
col i_ver head VER for a10
col i_startup_day head STARTED for a8

select
        s.username,
        i.instance_name,
        i.host_name,
        (select substr(banner, instr(banner, 'ease ')+5,10) from v$version
where rownum =1) i_ver,
        to_char(startup_time, 'YYYYMMDD') i_startup_day,
        to_char(s.sid)          i_sid,
        s.serial#,
        p.spid,
        p.pid                   opid,
        s.saddr,
        p.addr                  PADDR
from
        v$session s,
        v$instance i,
        v$process p
where
        s.paddr = p.addr
and
        sid = (select sid from v$mystat where rownum = 1);

host title &_user@&_connect_identifier [&mysid]

---------------------- cut here ----------------------

And the output is:

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Sun Sep 9 12:16:15 2007

Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle.  All Rights Reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

USERNAME     INSTANCE_NAME    HOST_NAME                 VER        STARTED
SID    SERIAL# SPID            OPID SADDR    PADDR
SYS          prod01           WINDOWS01                 10.2.0.3.0 20070907
148       2003 3480              19 343371B4 3425173C

SQL>

--
Regards,
Tanel Poder