Re: SQL*Plus Client on Windows

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:25:47 -0700

On 9/8/07, Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here's my i.sql which I use both for identifying where I'm logged on
> before
> doing any changes to database, plus it is called through login.sql. The
> window title change happens on the last line:

There is one small problem with that approach:

If you use 'connect' within sqlplus, and sqlplus is < 10g your title will
not change, and you may become confused as to which system you are really
on.

One way around that is to use a wrapper for connect.

Another way is to never use 'connect' from the command line,
just exit and restart sqlplus with the new connection.

--
Jared Still