RE: SQLPLUS training, why?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'gabriel.aragon@xxxxxx'" <gabriel.aragon@xxxxxx>, "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 10:27:47 -0600

What is considered "mastery"?

I think I learn something new fairly regularly using sqlplus :)

Heck, I think I "re-learn" something I've forgotten pretty often as well.  I'm
glad there's Google or Bing or Metalink or any number of other sites that I can
quickly look up syntax when I need it.

I'm pretty good with sql but I am still often amazed how powerful it is and how
little I really "know".

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.