Re: SQL faster "direct" than CM

  • From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:27:20 +0200

Hi,
yet another reason for that could be wrong bind variables type. After we
switched to oracle bpm, we have found all the varchar2 bind variables
are bind as NCHAR type (which evaluated to nvarchar2 and in consequence
to implicit column conversion).
Of course running through other client tools like let's say Oracle SQL
Developer is just fine with plans with efficient range scans.
First solution from MOS side was to convert to UTF8, which is impossible
as this database already is in UTF8.
A workaround is simple - to use to_char on bind variables, but one needs
to change many sqls

Btw. may be You have heard about it and know a "true" solution? Some
parameter on jdbc/app server (WebLogic) side?

Regards
Remigiusz

--
Pole nakazi

Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
pos   : DBA at DIiUSI
addr  : Nordea Bank Polska SA, Luzycka 6A Street, 81-537 Gdynia, Poland
phone : +48 58 667 17 43
mobile: +48 602 42 42 77
Nordea Bank Polska S.A. z siedziba w Gdyni, ul. Kielecka 2, 81-303 Gdynia,
wpisana do Rejestru Przedsiebiorców Krajowego Rejestru Sadowego pod numerem:
0000021828,
dla której dokumentacje przechowuje Sad Rejonowy Gdansk - Pólnoc w Gdansku,
VIII Wydzial Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sadowego,
o kapitale zakladowym i wplaconym w wysokosci: 277.493.500,00 zlotych,
NIP: 586-000-78-20, REGON: 190024711--