Re: SGA bigger than 50G

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx" <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 00:36:08 +0300

"Surely the earlier reason that is restricting the increase is the SHMALL
setting which along with SHMMNI is coming out 32 G and so I am not able
increase.

I am curious to see the setting for hugepage/hugemem in Linux environment
and what is the good setting to make it more efficient and optimized."

Why can't you increase shmall to the size you need? It's dynamic and you'll
only need to restart the instance.

As for huge pages, you need to configure just a little bit more than what
you need for the SGA (PGA won't use huge pages). For example, of you want to
use an SGA of 30gb, you'd configure huge pages to be 30gb + a few tens of
MBs to allow for a bit of overhead.

Harel
(Sent from my phone, excuse the terseness)