Re: SGA bigger than 50G

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:47:23 +0100

I'd throw that back at the vendor, if it's a large warehouse then I'd expect
maybe 70 - 90% of the memory on a machine that size to be allocated to PGA
and relatively small amounts for the SGA, you'll likely be doing hash joins
and sorts, not nested loops type operations. You may well not want auto work
area management either. All this is of course generalized and would need to
be run past the vendor.

Niall Litchfield

On May 5, 2010 3:26 AM, "Sanjay Mishra" <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David

It was vendor requirement to increase it. Still checking the application
usage as well as System process to handle if it is required. It is big
warehouse which is hit heavily with several big transaction.

TIA
Sanjay