RollFoward "Recovery"

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jeremy Paul Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:55:47 +0800

As promised by me at to explain what I had hinted at about doing a RollForward in my Oracle-L posting

here is a worked-example of a RollForward "Recovery"  from a Cold Backup

Also as an example of when knowledge of the actual SQL commands for Recovery
are important, rather than relying on RMAN alone.  I generally prefer RMAN for
RESTORE commands  but SQL for RECOVER commands !

Hemant K Chitale

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win" !" Mohandas Gandhi Quotes :