Re: Data Guard question.

  • From: "Philip Douglass" <philipsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjohnsto@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:53:42 -0400

There is absolutely no way Data Guard will *automatically* failover.

On 5/17/07, JOHNSTON, WAYNE <wjohnsto@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I am new to Data Guard and am hoping to get some help on the following.

I am investigating the use of Data Guard to keep a DR site database
current with a production database (last archive log applied).  I have
identified the parameters needed to do this, but want to be sure that there
is no automatic failover to this DR site if the primary database becomes
unavailable.  I do not intend to set up any 'failover' in the Oracle Net
configuration.  Is there anything built into Data Guard that could cause an
automatic 'failover' if the primary database is unavailable?

Thanks for any help on this.

*****Wayne Johnston*

*****Adabas Database Administrator*

*Oracle Database Administrator*

*FCCJ: 904-997-2907 *

*CELL: 904-607-1889*

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 9. United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, December
10, 1948