Results of my poll so far... User conferences... are they too expensive?

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:23:16 -0800 (PST)

Well the results of my poll (which can be reached from my Blog) seem
 very interesting. I'll share one result with you right now:

The question is:

1. Which of the following (if any) Oracle DBA conferences do you feel
 you get the most benefit out of?

The front running answer, which surprised me a bit, is:

User conferences? Who has the money?

Out in front at 24% of the respondents!!

So, we user conferences really overly priced? If so, what do we do
 about that?

Cheers!!

Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)