Re: Results of my poll so far... User conferences... are they too expensive?

  • From: Joel Wittenmyer <joel.wittenmyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:53:22 -0700

Having worked for a company whose principals are well known for presenting at this and other conferences, let me say that while the dollar amount isn't too bad, the requirement to take a half your yearly vacation to attend (even if you are presenting) can give a whole new definition to 'unaffordable'.

Tim Gorman wrote:
Hmmmmm...

Whoever responded that way doesn't know about the Rocky Mtn Oracle Users Group (www.rmoug.org) "Training Days" conference, usually held in the 2nd week of February each year (next on Wed-Thu 14-15 Feb 2008), which provides 2 solid days of training with top-notch material for less than US$250.00.