Re: RMAN-05019 Warning Oracle reccommended backup

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:28:33 +0100

Actually it looks like I might have missed the point a bit. Your title
talks about Oracle recommended backup and you do have automatic
channels configured for backupsets to disk. These however are datafile
copies - so not an Oracle recommended plan. I think therefore (not at
a pc so cannot test) that you'll want to manually allocate a channel
in your recovery script.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA