Re: RMAN skip readonly

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: averma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 08:07:25 -0400

Amit,

You do not have to place tablespace in read only mode in order to skip
during duplication.

During duplicate process simply mention which tablespaces need to be
skipped.

This is what I have in my QA refresh script.

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman <<eof
connect target ..........
connect catalog ............
connect AUXILIARY .............

run {
set until ..............;
Duplicate target database to .................
  skip tablespace 'ARCH_TBS1','ARCH_TBS2';
}

eof

HTH

- Mayen

From:   "Amit Verma (IT - Otterbase)" <averma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   10/18/2010 04:22 PM
Subject:        RMAN skip readonly
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys,

I need to refresh a QA database from production with the exception of 2
archive tablespaces. These tablespaces were backed up in read-write mode
from production and I am going to use that backup piece to restore and
recover. Can I switch these 2 tablespaces to read only mode before issuing
the duplicate db rman command and rman will skip these (using “skip
readonly” ) OR do I need to first back these up as read only tablespaces
for rman to skip these during the duplicate.

In other words, where does rman “skip readonly” command check for the
status of the tablespace, current target database or the information in
the rman catalog?

Thanks much.

Amit Verma