RMAN skip readonly

  • From: "Amit Verma (IT - Otterbase)" <averma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:22:39 -0400

Hey guys,

I need to refresh a QA database from production with the exception of 2
archive tablespaces. These tablespaces were backed up in read-write mode
from production and I am going to use that backup piece to restore and
recover. Can I switch these 2 tablespaces to read only mode before
issuing the duplicate db rman command and rman will skip these (using
"skip readonly" ) OR do I need to first back these up as read only
tablespaces for rman to skip these during the duplicate.

In other words, where does rman "skip readonly" command check for the
status of the tablespace, current target database or the information in
the rman catalog?

Thanks much.

Amit Verma