Re: RMAN on Windows Server

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:24:18 +0000

I tend to put all my rman backup commands in rman scripts and then call them
like

set ORACLE_SID=%1
rman target / cmdfile=c:\scripts\backup\rman_cold_backup.rman
log=c:\scripts\backup\cold_backup.log

here rman_cold_backup.rman looks like

###############

# cold_backup

#

# rman cold_backup script

#

# NB uses format specified in environment

#

###############

run {

shutdown immediate;

startup mount;

backup database;

sql 'alter database open';

}

that is I've used the rman configure command to set global preferences -
like where backups go.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA