Re: RMAN on Windows Server

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx, bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:44:40 -0800 (PST)

Hmmmm.... I've never had much of a problem with the Windows task scheduler for
such things. I will say the Windows Oracle I've dealt with for the most part
has been small enterprise (usually running Oracle Standard Edition). Usually 1
or 2 databases at most and limited technical people to support the solution.
Typically the medium/large enterprises move away from the WIN platforms
(though, I admit, not always). The Win users that I've been involved with often
need simple, inexpensive solutions..... When you start talking about Tivoli,
Control-M, etc... you are usually talking about money that they are often not
willing to spend, because they don't see the benefit or have the budget.

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Ask me about on-site Oracle Training! RMAN, DBA, Tuning, you name it!
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Other various titles