Re: RMAN duplicate can't find backup piece with ORA-15012

  • From: "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:39:45 +0800

It make sense. Basically duplicate database in Oracle10g need complete
backupsets exists in auxiliary server not in target server. Since you
are doing duplicate on the same machine with target database, you
don't need to do copy.  but  auxiliary instance should has proper
environment settings.

BTW: Which environment  you missed in auxiliary instance? and after
you set , is davidh instance display in V$ASM_CLIENT?

--
Kamus <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com
Join ACOUG: http://www.acoug.org